Today, we are discussing every gentleman’s favorite bathroom grooming ritual – shaving. And on deck we have the Jack Black Beard Lube being examined. Spanning the duration of this website, I have been granted the privilege of documenting my grooming escapades with a variety of skincare products, and this perhaps ranks as the most interesting to date. When preparing for a traditional shave, a gentleman is usually armed with three grooming products – aside from his trusty razor – that he employs during his shaving regimen: pre-shave oil, shave cream, and a post-shave soothing agent for the skin.
The Jack Black Beard Lube combines all three grooming entities into one tube to cover all the bases a gentleman requires when taking a sharp blade to face. The beard lube is indeed interesting. I am generally accustomed to a shave gel with a decent enough lather to provide not only sufficient comfort to my skin, but also a mental comfort of knowing the blade will glide across my throat absent the threat of severing my carotid artery. Now, since you are reading this post today, I obviously did not slit my throat using the Jack Black Beard Lube. Nevertheless, that does not speak to actual shaving performance. So, without any further delay, let’s dive into my observations and thoughts on this highly unique shaving product.
- The beard lube retains a light, creamy texture as it emerges from its dark blue tube.
- Immediately, you will discover that this particular shave cream does not lather like any previous shaving cream you have employed. Now, the product may appear to be creamy when you squeeze it out of the tube, but it is a little oily when you rub it on the skin.
- Despite the noticeable absence of a rich lather, the cream is still visible enough on the skin, so re-application isn’t necessary if you feel you’ve missed a spot. It doesn’t dry out as some shave gels have the reputation to do, so again, repeated applications is not needed.
- A jelly bean sized amount on the fingertip is sufficient enough to cover perhaps a 1-2 inch radius on the skin. Of course, this is all dependant upon how much you prefer to use.
- The shave itself is smooth. Again, mentally, you will have to adjust to not seeing your face lathered up. Nevertheless, the oils assist the razor in moving gently across the skin with no snags or tugs. For thicker beards, I would definitely suggest using an electric razor to plow through your facial wilderness before trying to shave any closer. I say that because the tube is relatively small and the retail price is expensive. So, you don’t want to liberally use the shave cream unnecessarily.
- Post shave: the skin is left refreshingly soft and smooth. No irritation. No blood. No burn. It should be noted that this product has macadamia nut oil as an ingredient. I am allergic to nuts, but I did not have any adverse effects. However, this is just my experience. If you have a severe nut allergy, proceed with caution.
- Available sizes: 3 oz ($11.00), 6 oz ($17.00), 16 oz ($33.00)
- The only drawback would be the price. Honestly, it is a great shave cream. And given that it is essential 3 product combined into 1, a gentleman may be receiving a bargain. Nevertheless, if you are shaving 3-4 times per week, you might run the risk of blowing through a few tubes a month. And that can add up quickly. So, if you have the disposable income to enjoy such a luxury, I would definitely recommend this product. If you are a gentleman with a moderate revenue stream, purchase this for yourself during those special times when you want to treat yourself.
Beard Lube – Conditioning Shave with Jojoba & Eucalyptus
An entirely new way to shave. Unlike traditional shaving foams and gels which can dry out skin, our award-winning Beard Lube® is a pre-shave oil, shave cream and facial skin treatment in one easy-to-use product specially formulated for men’s shaving needs.
The unique formula contains phospholipids – a rich source of essential fatty acids that are essential to the function of cell membranes – to bind moisture to the skin and support the natural skin barrier. The lightweight, penetrating formula not only helps prepare your beard by penetrating and softening whisker growth, it holds in moisture so your shaving blade glides easily. Refreshes skin, too, for an easier, smoother shave and less razor burn.
The unique see-through texture lets you see where you’re shaving, helping to prevent nicks and cuts–especially great for shaving side burns, moustache and head. Won’t clog your blade, because it is super light and rinses easily.
- Macadamia Nut Oil, Jojoba Oil and Glycerin provide a lubricating, protective cushion.
- Phospholipids bind moisture to the skin and support the natural skin barrier.
- Peppermint, Eucalyptus and Menthol refresh and revitalize skin.
- Heather helps calm and soothe skin.
For more information about Jack Black products, please visit Jack Black HERE for more details.
Gentlemen’s Standard Approved
Disclosure: TGS was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample for review purposes only. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.