Gentlemen, today we will revisit a subject that elicits both passion and fervor within us all – shaving. Sure, we have fervently scrutinized this topic on numerous occasions in the past, nevertheless, the subject matter never fails to provoke interest and discussion. And so today, I am examining a shaving cream from a trusted brand that I have reviewed in the past – Zirh. Now, this shaving cream distinguishes itself from previously reviewed products because it is specifically formulated to address heavy beards or thick, coarse hair. Being an African-American gentleman, I am the proud owner of both. That being said, let’s get to it gents – Zirh Shave Cream Heavy Beard.
- White in color, this product arrives with an extremely thick, creamy texture. Allow me to reiterate: This shaving cream is exceedingly dense with a velvety touch. No seriously, this is probably the thickest shaving cream that I have utilized to date.
- That being said, a gentleman should be mindful of the quantity used during the application process. I severely underestimated its robust texture, therefore, the result was an undesirable goopy shaving brush and a clogged safety razor head.
- I would strongly suggest applying small to medium amounts in an incremental fashion that satisfies your shaving needs. This can be achieved with either your fingertips or a badger shaving brush. I prefer using a shaving brush. Applying the cream with my fingertips proved to be too sticky for my tastes.
- This shaving cream has no discernible fragrance. There is a hint eucalyptus, but it is very discreet.
- The resulting lather is rather indistinguishable. No worries. The strength of this shaving cream resides in its heaviness, thereby providing supreme protection from that sharpened blade gliding across your skin.
- Now, the thickness of the shaving cream does have its rewards. Namely, a gentleman need not worry about blowing through product because a little will definitely take you the distance in your shaving adventures.
- To minimize a clogged razor head, I definitely recommend clearing your razor of any debris after each stroke with running hot water.
- Unlike some foam shaving creams, this offering will not quickly dry into skin, thus requiring repeated applications. At the most, a gentleman may be inclined to employ an additional layer of cream after the initial application.
- Post-shave – my skin was calm and smooth. The barrier provided by the shaving cream between my skin and blade was more than enough in providing optimal protection. My skin was left well hydrated and supple. Please note: A double edge safety razor was used during shaving.
- Retails for $25.00 at 8.4 fl oz (250 ml). Zirh offers a unique payment option. A gentleman can choose a one time payment, or an auto-replenishment is available in bi-monthly or quarterly intervals. If anyone has any experience with this replenishment program, please feel free to comment.
- For more details, please visit http://www.zirh.com/men-shaving-products/shave-cream-heavy-beard.html for information.
Zirh Shaving Cream Heavy Beard
Created specifically to provide a smooth glide on even the toughest and roughest beards. Luxurious cream calms the skin, reduces irritation and counters the effects of aging.
- Aloe Vera Leaf Juice: Calms irritation and moisturizes the skin to prevent dry skin.
- Glycerin: Attracts water from the environment and dermis, increasing the amount of water in the surface layers of skin. Substance found naturally in skin and helps maintain the outer barrier and prevent dryness or scaling.
- Castor Seed Oil: Derived from the castor bean, has water-binding properties that can help the skin retain moisture
- Vitamin E: Protects the skin barrier’s lipid balance during cleansing and reduces moisture loss from the skin.
- Olive Fruit Oil: Fatty acid content provides the nutrients that dry skin needs, contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.
Gentlemen’s Standard Approved
Disclosure: TGS was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample for review purposes only. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.