Not that this would be public knowledge, as I don’t make a habit of sharing this tidbit about myself, but I suffer from a skin condition called eczema. For the uninformed, eczema is a form of dermatitis that leaves the skin itchy, dry, and inflamed. In more severe cases, it can be even worse, including the formation of lesions, bleeding, and infection. I have been fortunate enough to avoid those worse case scenarios. Nevertheless, without warning, in no particular location, my skin is prone to erupt with an itchy inflammation that irritates me to no end. My only options for relief: some soothing hydrocortisone ointment and copious amounts of moisturizing lotion. Perhaps a month ago, I was experiencing another outbreak, and as luck would have it, I was contacted by a public relations agency whom wanted to gauge my interest in trialing Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Men. I accepted and was soon putting this updated classic moisturizer to the test. Sure, it calmed down the irritation that had erupted around my ankle, but if you are susceptible to dry skin anyway, this product could possibly suit your needs. Here is a quick breakdown.
- The consistency is suitably creamy and thick
- Still retains a distinguishable scent, but not as strong as the original formula
- Readily absorbs into the skin without being excessively greasy
- Calms irritated and dry itchy skin
- Large amounts of lotion is not necessary, as a little goes a long way
- Leaves skin feeling soft without the need of repeated reapplication
- No noticeable difference in the coloration of the darkened, inflamed area; but I am darker than some, so results may vary
Sometimes what we share about ourselves, touches someone else. This time, it’s me. I suffer from eczema as well. Perhaps I should give this a shot. Thanks Glen.
Thanks for reading Barney, yes, eczema can be bothersome. Drives insane because there isn’t a rhyme or reason for eruptions. But, the Palmer’s is pretty decent at providing needed moisture.