To be perfectly honest, this particular review is woefully long overdue. Managing both my professional and personal life is still quite the challenge. Nevertheless, with the holiday season officially underway, I determined that there was not a better time to share my thoughts on Dolce & Gabbana’s aromatic offering Light Blue Intense. Intimately introduced to Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue a little over a year ago, I was pleasantly surprised when afforded the opportunity to sample the Intense version of the previous offering. For more than a few months now, Light Blue Intense has quietly become my preferred cologne of choice. Boasting a robust melody of aromatic notes, coupled with a sustained, mildly pungent presence, Light Blue Intense should be in your rotation of cologne. Allow me to provide a detailed explanation for you.
Top Notes: Mandarin Orange, Frozen Grapefruit
Middle Notes: Juniper, Aquatic Accord
Base Notes: Amber Wood, Musk
- Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Intense arrives in the same bottle as Light Blue Beauty of Capri – unadorned and simple. The delicately curved bottle is standard as most cologne bottles are presented. Short, stout, and dense; the transparent light blue flacon houses the selected scent topped by a powder blue cap.
- A lively commencement of notes begin with a foundation rooted in sharp tones of citrus. Immediately, a gentleman will recognize that Light Blue Intense is definitely stronger than its predecessor. The introduction is a playful balance of bitter and sweet as the dry-down is mellow and smooth.
- The progression toward the heart of the fragrance reveals a fresh and light personality. The fragrance definitely slows down before regaining momentum during the latter end of its notes.
- The fragrant finish is slightly heavy with deep wood flavors. The base notes are surely pronounced, but not obnoxious. However, moderate applications are recommended. I applied too much on one occasion and later in the day, it was a little overbearing on the senses.
- Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Intense is at its best when properly deployed for early to late evening occasions. Because of its intensity, I would recommend Light Blue Intense be saved for cooler temperatures. If you choose otherwise, please be advised that its scent will probably be greatly magnified if the environment is warm or hot.
- Eschewing pretension, Light Blue Intense affords a touch of sophistication that should be befitting of any dapper gentleman. A gentleman will enjoy moderate to long longevity, as the spicy woody tones are robust and full. I would estimate that 4-5 applications of Light Blue Intense should suffice.
- Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Intense 3.3 fl. oz. $88.00, 6.7 fl. oz. $125.00 – Available at Dolce & Gabbana, Macys, Nordstrom, and other fine men’s department stores