Do not be mislead by the day on the calendar. Do not be mislead by the gradual proliferation of woolen and textured fabrics at your favorite men’s store. Do not be mislead by the steady progression of lessening sunlight and shorter days. True, the calendar might indicate that autumn commences September 22, 2016, however, summer is far from over gentlemen. Without a doubt, his summer has featured some scorching temperatures. The life and death struggle my grass has been experiencing these past few months is proof positive. Therefore, with summer positioned for an extended run into early October, I am examining a cologne I was introduced to in late May. General hardships associated with life have not eased for me, and a few unexpected curve balls have resulted in some blogging downtime. Nevertheless, Dolce & Gabbana’s Light Blue Beauty of Capri resonates beautifully today just as it did months ago. Adding it to your rotation of fragrances will yield not only immediate benefits, but it can also be placed on standby for Spring 2017 – yes, I am thinking ahead. Until then, let’s get down to business.
Top Notes: Cedrat, Sicilian Bergamot, Bitter Orange
Middle Notes: Neroli, Marine Accord, Sichuan Pepper
Base Notes: Cedar Wood, Vetiver, Myrrh, Musk
- Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Beauty of Capri begins with a light introduction, but it does retain an energetic feel so it would be wise to exhibit restraint with applications. It is not terribly aggressive, but there is a definite presence of citrus notes that dominate the beginning. It will draw attention for all the right reasons.
- The transition toward the middle notes is a seamless gravitation featuring a fresh, aromatic tone that compliments the top portion very well. Its presence is still very subtle and cool as it begins to deepen and settle into its base notes. Unsurprisingly, even the base notes are relatively sedate. Sometimes the base portion leans heavy and strong, but Light Blue Beauty of Capri keeps things moderately weighted with citrus notes of vetiver rounding out the overall fragrance, tempered by spicy touches of cedar. It’s a nice blend, as neither overpowers the other.
- The presentation is clean and unremarkable. The curved bottle is standard-fare; a transparent light blue flacon houses the selected scent topped by an ivory cap.
- Strictly a casual daytime cologne, I humbly suggest 5-6 applications, as this scent has a moderate lifespan before it begins to dissipate.
- Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Beauty of Capri is intended for the gentleman that prefers relaxed, mellow environments that complement a quiet, smooth demeanor. Inconspicuous in its delivery, however, able to be distinguished amongst a crowd; Beauty of Capri works well during the summer and early fall. And as the temperatures begin to decline, don’t forget to put this scent on standby to be unearthed in the springtime.
- Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Beauty of Capri 40 ml $55.00, 75 ml $68.00, 125 ml $78.00 – Available at Dolce & Gabbana, Macy’s, Bloomingdales, and other fine men’s department stores