Aside from a few intermittent episodes of cool temperatures as a coy reminder of winter, spring has stubbornly arrived, and a gentleman can start considering a fresh, new fragrance to welcome the season in properly. Combined with Father’s Day – fast approaching – it is certainly the perfect time for a gentleman to perform an inventory of his cologne stock and afford thoughtful deliberation regarding such an acquisition. Well, The Gentlemen’s Standard is here to assuage any worrisome, moral dilemmas one may encounter – a gentleman’s scent is serious business. Collaborating again with our friends representing Vince Camuto; its newest offering Eterno is the fourth Camuto fragrance to be offered since 2012. Past encounters with Vince Camuto fragrances have been pleasant, so the promise of sampling another beautiful fragrance is great. Now let’s see if Eterno continues the tradition.
Top Notes: Citrus, Mint
Middle Notes: Cedar Wood, Patchouli
Base Notes: Saffron, Bourbon
- Vince Camuto Eterno commences with a warm open that exhibits remarkable restraint during its introduction. Subdued traces of citrus and mint are light and springy with an even temperament that does not overwhelm the senses.
- The middle and base notes are deep with a strong woodsy flavor with mellow hints of spice. A gentleman can be generous with his application of Eterno without worry of offending individuals around him. Again, the overall scent is smooth and defined, as none of the notes are particularly overbearing.
- Now, given its quiet demeanor, Eterno may be susceptible to fading into the background as a gentleman’s day progresses. Exhibiting a moderate staying power, the scent itself can get drowned out by fragrant, environmental noise. Eterno sticks with you, but only a person close enough to you will be able to appreciate its concluding notes.
- Vince Camuto Eterno is presented once again with its signature, rectangular glass bottle, but only this time in a white version. Reminiscent of a flask, the glass bottle is encased with a white leather composite with accompanying logo embossment.
- A gentleman will be served best when Eterno is worn during intimate affairs where the proximity of human contact is relatively small. Eterno is fresh – absent busy notes that can overwhelm and confuse. The transition between notes is clean and deliberate without any of stages overpowering the other. Eterno is definitely made for the gentleman with a relaxed lifestyle where a soft, masculine scent can be appreciated up close and personal.
- Vince Camuto Eterno 3.4 oz $75.00 – Available at Vince Camuto, Macy’s, Dillard’s or any fine men’s department store.