As I am approaching the ripe age of 45 this September, I am fortunate enough to have avoided dreadful foot odor in my life. Well, I cannot state that claim for a few gentlemen that I have crossed paths with in my life. Now, the best remedy for such smelly situations is good old soap and water. However, if a gentleman is on the move without a shower in sight, off-putting foot odor could prove to be problematic. So, Arm & Hammer may have a solution for such precarious occurrences – foot wipes for the individual on the go. I was contacted a few weeks ago to sample and test product. Admittedly, I am not flexible enough to get a close whiff of my own feet, so I had to think outside the box.
Recently, my children joined a softball league for the summer. So what better opportunity to test these new Arm & Hammer Cleansing and Refreshing Wipes? Given my exposure to pee, poop, and puke as a father, smelling my 5 year old son’s feet – voluntarily – is not a big deal. Trust me, I have endured far worse as a parent. Now, while my son does not possess foul smelling feet post softball, his dogs have a warm, stale sneaker odor that is present. So, how did the Arm & Hammer wipers perform? Let’s take a quick dive below.
- The foot wipes definitely have a pungent, potent aroma. The combination of tea tree oil and menthol is especially strong. It is not necessarily offensive to the pop, but it does have an aromatic pop.
- The foot wipes are no different than perhaps a baby wipe. There are 30 foot wipes in a small resealable package. The package has a snap closure to prevent the wipes from drying out.
- After utilization, the foot wipes dry quickly on the skin without actually drying out the skin.
- I would say it probably too 2-3 foot wipes on my son’s feet to tone down the sneaker odor. It is for that reason that wished the foot wipes were larger. To tackle an adult foot, especially one with a robust stench, multiple foot wipes may be needed to get the job done sufficiently.
- Of course, these foot wipes should not be a substitute for soap and water, but it does remove dirt and grime effectively enough until you can hop in a tub.
- A pack of Arm & Hammer Cleansing and Refreshing Foot Wipes will set you back approximately $4.99. It is available at Target, Amazon, and Walmart.
- Bottom-line: If you are a gentleman on the move with the need to address foot odor and dirt before you can jump into a hot shower, these Arm & Hammer Foot Wipes may offer some relief. Given the approximate size of a male foot, I would definitely suggest purchasing a couple of packs because you might burn through a pack quickly.
- On the go foot wipe with skin nourishing essential oils
- Quick dry, non greasy formula leaves feet feeling cleansed and refreshed
- Textured wipes remove dirt, sweat and unwanted impurities
- Contains Fresh Guard® Technology and ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda to help eliminated and neutralize foot odor
- Contains skin nourishing essential oils like Tea Tree Oil, Chamomile and cooling menthol and free from parabens and sulfates
Water, Saccharomyces Ferment Filtrate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Glycerin, Menthol, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Bicarbonate, Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin