Continuing our coverage of skincare products specifically targeted toward the gentleman concerned with Father Time ravaging his skin wrinkle by wrinkle, today we explore Brickell Men’s Products. Offering a full array of products formulated to pamper a gentleman’s face and body, Brickell was kind enough to extend samples of their products that address the gentleman’s face. Touted as organic and all-natural, this is my second experience with such a product line. And truthfully, given the company’s mission to offer an organic alternative to its chemical brethren – why would I want to slather toxins on my mug? My skin needs all the help it can get. I’ve never been dedicated to organic products, but I am starting to change my stance on the matter. That being said, let’s examine how Brickell performs.
Beard Oil – Presented as an oil, but the feel is not greasy at all. Its fragrance is rather robust, definitely masculine, but not too overwhelming. The scent does not linger when applied to one’s beard – and that is a great benefit because the after shave has a scent all of its own. I don’t think both combined scents would be a problem, but if you use another after shave, the fact that the oil’s smell dissipates is nice. Application requires 3-4 drops into your palm as very little is needed to fully address your beard. Of course amounts will vary depending on the thickness of one’s growth. To fully benefit from the oil’s conditioning and hydrating capabilities, I humbly recommend utilizing it in the morning and in the evening.
Instant Relief After Shave – Light and masculine, the faint hints of coconut present itself with a warm welcome when applied to the skin. Once again, a little will take a gentleman a long way in terms of usage. Actually, I would really suggest that you monitor the amount you dispense, as I poured too much on one occasion and it required a good deal of rubbing before it was absorbed into my skin. Other than that, the after shave really is soothing to the skin, and will leave it very soft and pliable.
Renewing Face Scrub – Now, the face scrub is truly interesting. It is gelatinous in form and has a very strong, robust fragrance – almost woodsy in tone. The promise to energize your senses is a promise kept as the coffee extract and green tea have a very pronounced scent. It is a little too strong for my taste, but fortunately it does not linger once washed again. This particular scrub is also very granular, so if you have sensitive skin, the exfoliating grains may be bothersome. However, I know people who don’t feel as if they are really cleaning unless they can feel the product working. If you are this type of person, then this product is definitely for you. It should also be added that despite its extremely granular texture, Brickell promises that its scrub is still be suitable for sensitive skin.
Smooth Brushless Shave Cream – The interesting thing about the shave cream is it has a very light lather – it’s almost nonexistent. That may surprise a gentleman that is accustomed to shave creams that produce large, rich lathers. With the lack of lather, I was really concerned that my skin wouldn’t have the protection needed during shaving. Surprisingly, my skin was fully protected and my wasn’t left irritated at all. It seemed a little strange, but I surmise I have been psychologically conditioned to feel the need for big lathers. Brickell has succeeded in dispelling that notion.
- Aloe Vera is one of the best things you can put on your skin. It penetrates the skin to supply moisture to the tissue. Countless studies show how it does everything from fighting skin aging, treating acne, to healing irritated skin.
- Jojoba naturally softens, moisturizes, and protects skin by creating a protective cushion on your skin. It reduces skin water loss, allow the skin to naturally heal itself after a shave or a long duration in the sun.
- Shea Butter is a 100% natural cream chock full of vitamins A, E, & F. It’s a natural fat with moisturizing properties to help alleviate dry skin.
- Fresh coconuts due to it’s amazing deep moisturizing abilities. It also strengthens your underlying skin tissue, in addition to removing excess deal cells on your skin’s surface (which make your skin look flaky in texture).
- Vitamin E is one of the most critical antioxidants and free-radical killers known to man. It helps to heal and protect cellular membranes from free-radical damage.
- Green Tea is a powerful antioxidant that has been shown in studies to slow down and potentially reverse some of the signs of aging.
- Hyaluronic Acid is a naturally produced substance by the body which gives skin its volume and fullness. It’s the ultimate moisturizer capable of binding 1,800 times its own weight in water.
- Olive Oil is a natural fat which gives skin a fuller appearance with a combination of Vitamin E and A. Studies have also shown it’s a powerful anti-aging agent, helping to fight free-radicals.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) is found naturally in sugar cane. A large amount of research has shown AHA helps fight skin aging by facilitating the removal of dead skin cells.
I recommend Brickell grooming products for the gentleman that appreciates a sophisticated grooming regimen with a natural, rugged appeal. Brickell offers either a direct one-time purchase or a subscription service. I cannot speak to their subscription service, but I like the fact that you don’t have to lock yourself into a subscription service if it is not desired. There are a few products that I will be purchasing on my own accord to trial, more specifically – the purifying charcoal men’s soap. Yes – a charcoal bar of soap. Check back to read how that experience unfolds.
For more information please visit Brickell’s Men’s Products for further details.