God willing, I am going to be 43 years young when September arrives next month. Given my demographic, I am certainly blessed to have reached so many years thus far in my life. Now with that many years under my belt, my skin has certainly sustained a fair amount of environmental stress that accompanies the aging process. And although I can never be mistaken for an eighteen-year-old Glen Antoine Palmer, I humbly offer that I have aged well into the middle act of my lifespan. A non-smoker, I can credit good genetics along with an absence of alcohol and drug usage. Nevertheless, as beneficial as those factors are, a gentleman my age still requires assistance in the form of grooming products that mitigates the onslaught of Father Time. Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum is one of those products. Trust when I disclose, I never imagined I would be as particular about my grooming regimen as I am now. However, particular I am, and my skin is better because of the rigor my grooming entails. So, allow me to present a few points that deem this product a Gentlemen’s Standard favorite.
- The serum is housed in a dark blue, slightly transparent glass bottle with a pump top. Now, I would definitely caution against purposely releasing said glass bottle from a significant height, however, it does feel solid & sturdy. It doesn’t look or feel cheap. But that may not be a burning concern for the discerning gentleman.
- Regarding physical appearance, the serum leaves a lot to be desired, as the dark mustard hue doesn’t seem like something a gentleman would want to slather on his face. That is neither here, nor there. Undesirable yellow appearance aside, the protein serum is relatively odorless and mildly slippery to the touch, but definitely not greasy.
- The protein skin serum absorbs into the skin with relative ease; I would estimate 3-4 application pumps should provide adequate coverage for the entire face. One might be tempted to apply more than recommended, but due to the consistency of the serum, it is capable of covering a large area in relation to the amount dispensed.
- Daily usage should yield approximately 6 months of service, perhaps even longer if a gentleman employs an every other day schedule. Depending on a gentleman’s lifestyle, I would definitely recommend using the protein skin serum every other day.
- Once applied, the serum may feel significant enough to replace your standard moisturizer. However, to fully maximize the serum’s potential, a standard moisturizer should be applied in tandem. Personally, I follow up with applying Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturizer.
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum retails for approximately $62.00 for a 2.0 fl. oz. bottle. An auto-replenishment program is available if the gentleman so chooses to participate.
A peptide-rich, multi-functional serum that penetrates to reduce the visible signs of aging and keeps skin looking healthy. The silky liquid texture allows powerful, efficacious ingredients to be readily absorbed below the skin’s surface to help improve skin tone, help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and help protect from future damage.
- MATRIXYL® 3000: Highly effective peptide that helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles by up to 45 percent.
- SYN®-AKE: Advanced myo-relaxing peptide smooths skin yielding up to a 52 percent reduction in the appearance of wrinkles*; mimics the activity of walgerin 1, a peptide found in the snake venom of the temple viper.
- RENOVAGE®: Patented anti-aging ingredient that reduces the appearance of pigmented spots by up to 56 percent and increases moisturization up to 58 percent
- DYNALIFT®: Natural sorghum stalk juice tightens and smooths skin.
For more information about Jack Black products, please visit Jack Black HERE for more details.