Unabashedly loyal to its moniker, Chrome Intense by Azzaro exhibits a strength and energy unlike any other fragrance that I have tested during previous reviews. Actually, the assigned name “intense” is most likely an understatement when discussing Azzaro’s latest offering for the year 2015. Chrome Intense is strong at the start, strong in the middle, and strong in the end. Full disclosure: Chrome Intense was a bit strong for me, but I allowed another gentleman to sample the fragrance and he offered nothing but praise. Therefore, it will most likely hinge on a gentleman’s personal preferences that will determine whether or not Chrome Intense deserves a slot in his rotation. Well, I’ve already stated my conclusion, but let’s explore the details a little deeper.
Top Notes: Ginger, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Hedione
Middle Notes: Ozone, Jazmine Water, Lichen
Base Notes: Precious Woods, Mate, Amber, Musk
- Chrome Intense starts with a defined explosion of ginger and bergamot. The resulting scent is deep and heavy. This a far departure from signature characteristics of top notes which are light and quick to move into the middle state of a cologne. While fresh in nature, the top notes enjoy an extended life long after the first application.
- Now, the transition through the middle and base notes has an uncanny consistency. Usually, a fragrance will consist of varying levels that portray a unique personality. Chrome Intense, however, never strays from far its roots. It is aggressive and only lowers, albeit moderately, in intensity over an extended period of time.
- Chrome Intense ends with a strong woodsy and spicy appeal that is long-wearing. Masculine and robust, Chrome Intense is best utilized in environments that may be laden with competing scents and you need to stand out. Chrome Intense is probably best worn on the weekend and during the evening.
- Yes – Chrome Intense will exert its presence throughout the day so the need for reapplication is totally unnecessary.
- I recommend dispensing 1-2 sprays on your person. If a gentleman so chooses to apply more, I would humbly suggest that you spray in singular increments. The fragrance can be overwhelming is too much is administered.
- Chrome Intense 3.4 oz $85.00 – Available at Macy’s and other fine department stores nationwide