Desperate times – more specifically sleep training an infant – beckon desperate measures. Now, despite the gradual adaptation to sleep starvation a parent’s body will undergo, inevitably, that does not mean the repercussions won’t eventually present itself – namely in the face. It is true that as the body summons the fortitude to forge through the day, it is the face that lags, and mostly sags, behind. Thus, I decided to think outside the box a little and adjust my grooming regimen. Now, over the past year, it was not uncommon for me to drowsily stagger into my cubicle, eyes burning with puffiness and heaviness. In needed something to assuage my sleep-deprived eyes. Enter Jack Black Eye Balm – Age Minimizing Gel.
As I have matured, previously held reservations have granted ground to open-mindedness. In my late 30s, I am more receptive to the notion that personal grooming is more so preventative maintenance, rather than selfish exercises in vanity. Mentally, looking your best can certainly yield positive results regarding attitude and outlook. A gentleman can look his best, feel his best, and in turn – be the best gentleman he can. A little exaggerated? Perhaps. Yet, the possibility of dark circles around my eyes, accented by deeply-entrenched wrinkles can be a definite downer when looking in the mirror. And so, I decided to give this offering from Jack Black an opportunity to address my eye dilemma. So, let’s dive into my experience.
- Arriving in a 14 mL tube, the Jack Black eye balm is clear in its appearance and odorless with a light gel consistency.
- The application of the gel is smooth, quickly absorbing into the skin without bothersome residue.
- The area underneath your eye is relatively small so only a pin-sized amount is required to provide suitable coverage.
- The frequency of use is totally up to you. Jack Black recommends a daily regimen of morning and night application. Personally, I usually apply a dab to each eye in the morning. Going forward, I may integrate some usage at night, but currently I am fine with my morning usage after I apply my moisturizer.
- Even if a gentleman cannot visibly discern an immediate difference, he will however be able to feel the difference. Upon application, my eyes were relieved of their puffiness as the skin gently tightened and were refreshed.
- Some gentlemen may allow the price to deter them from investing in this eye balm. However, a gentleman will be able to extract prolonged usage from a single tube, simply because of the small amount required to treat the eyes.
- Available sizes: 0.5 oz ($24.00)
Eye Balm Age Minimizing Gel with Vitamins A & E
This high-potency eye treatment contains advanced ingredients and soothing extracts to provide three key benefits–it helps reduce puffiness, softens the appearance of dark circles and helps alleviate fine lines and wrinkles. Intense moisturizers penetrate tissue and help it maintain critical moisture, keeping skin hydrated and younger-looking. The lightweight gel formula soaks in immediately, leaving no trace on skin or greasy after feel.
- Vitamins A and E, beta-carotene and vitamin C, high potency vitamins known to help ease the signs of aging.
- Grape seed extract to help reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Chamomile extract, camellia extract and cornflower extract to help soothe and calm skin.
- Panthenol to condition and soften skin.
For more information about Jack Black products, please visit Jack Black HERE for more details.