Unrestricted by constraints of any specific time in history, the negligent pursuit for profit, unabashedly driven by parsimony, has affected individuals bearing a low socioeconomic class with an unfortunate recurring basis – and with great detriment. Perhaps consciously or subconsciously, societal marginalization has always deemed people falling on this lower socioeconomic scale as expendable. It is this tacit acceptance that fuels the unwritten belief that some lives are more disposable than others. It is what drives certain political and economic decisions, fraught with peril, that would never be acceptable with demographics that are perceived to possess a higher pedigree. With the poor, disenfranchised, and underserved; risk becomes justifiable, chance becomes standard operating procedure. Touted as a nation of values, history has repeatedly demonstrated this: The values championed by society’s chosen elite are sometimes defined by the promise of monetary reward rather than the encouragement of virtue and moral character. It is this belief that is more criminal than the unfortunate, negative consequences that arise in its wake, as it is this belief that continues the cycle of miserly apathy that deprives our underserved population of equality and fairness. This country needs to do better.
For those select gentlemen that require the usage of a razor with some regularity, the mastery of wielding a sharpened blade against one’s skin is a delicate operation. The operation can be a perfectly executed, boring routine; or plans could go seriously awry and leave said gentleman bleeding profusely over his bathroom sink. Trust, on one occasion, I nicked my scalp pretty good in the shower, and the subsequent gore required a Band-Aid on the back of my head like Marsellus Wallace from Pulp Fiction. So, any sound advice that can be procured from varying sources to prevent a duplication of the events that day is much appreciated. And so, today’s wise counsel is courtesy of gentleman reader Henry Minton.
On a previous Gent Hint, Mr. Hinton was kind enough to point out that even with the beneficial, redeeming qualities of pre-shave oil; replenishing one’s stock could be relatively expensive. As an alternative, Mr. Minton suggested grape seed oil as a less costly option. Now, I had the sincerest intentions to try grape seed oil as pre-shave oil, but I discovered a hidden stash of olive oil tucked away in a bathroom cabinet, most likely courtesy of my wife. Anyway, I substituted the olive oil for grape seed oil, all with the hopes of attaining the same results as with a more expensive, brand name pre-shave oil.
Well, I am here to report that olive oil could be one the best skin care products absent from your shaving essentials. Yes, it provides an excellent protective, lubricated barrier between your razor blade and skin. Yes, it is loaded with skin-friendly antioxidants such as vitamin E to combat wrinkles, aging, and inflammation. Yes, it functions as a great moisturizer, perfect for dry or extra-dry skin. And finally, yes, it is far less expensive than many popular brands on the market – especially when accounting for the quantity contained in a standard bottle. If you don’t have a bottle of olive oil stocked in your bathroom, I humbly recommend a visit to your local supermarket to procure a bottle.
“Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.”
-Booker T. Washington
Sure, it would be easy enough to become enamored by the seemingly authoritative, accomplished status of a wildly successful individual. The mere presence of seductive visuals such as expensive status symbols have tremendous influence as they elicit, sometimes, misguided deference from the admirer. However, I challenge the reader to momentarily ignore such material objects. Instead, please divert your attention to the process that granted such accomplishment possible. What did that individual experience during their journey to success? Trust this: The strength of a gentleman’s character is forged on the anvil of adversity. Through weathering distress or difficulty, prosperity is procured by he who believes a challenge is an opportunity. An opportunity to steel your will and seize achievement despite any obstacles you might encounter. Don’t be impressed by person’s materialistic results. Those are nice and fine to look at. Nevertheless, be more impressed with the vanquished adversity that withered in the face of impending success. And then go forth and forge your own.
So, here we are 12 days deep into the new year of 2016, and I have been remiss in my duties of wishing the reading audience a happy new year. To that I offer a sincere apology – happy new year everyone. And although I can present a myriad of viable explanations regarding my absence, I am absent a credible excuse that hindered my capabilities of powering up my laptop and wishing my readers festive holiday cheer. Nevertheless, at the present moment, I would like to bring everyone up to speed with what is going on in my life. My little angel, Ava, is growing like a weed and has newly discovered the art of the temper tantrum. Sleep is still hit or miss, but not nearly as exhausting as the early months of her infancy. Naps in my car during lunchtime has slowed down a bit – thank goodness. Random: The picture above is a post-Santa moment I snapped of Ava; it makes the sleepless nights worth it.
Now, with regards to my employment situation; having settled into my promoted role at work, I have grown as a leader within my team, and I have granted serious contemplation regarding moving into a management role. Historically, I have never fancied myself as management, rather I am most comfortable in the trenches with my fellow colleagues on the floor. However, I feel I have outgrown my current role, and I am embracing the challenge of spurning my personal growth. Advancing my career to the next level will certainly be challenging and definitely a little frightful, but complacency and stagnation cannot be an option this new year. Stay tuned and hopefully I can share some exciting news in the weeks to come.
Lastly, I launched a community initiative during the month of December that I branded as Groomed for Greatness. The mission: to provide grooming & hygiene packages to the underserved and at-risk male population. Now, you may be asking: Why just the male population? Well, given that my expertise lies within the realm of male grooming & style, I have chosen to stay in my lane and help individuals in an area of my strengths. And so with the help of various vendors, friends, and work colleagues; I was able to procure an astounding amount of male toiletries for donation to the South Oakland Shelter near my home. I plan on expanding on this community initiative and providing assistance to other agencies in my area. More to come, so stay tuned. So, yes, I have been a little busy with family, work, my program, and maintaining a consistent schedule of writing enjoyable blog content. This year is going to be a busy one; I fully expect the gray in my beard to grow more and more plentiful. Nonetheless, it will be worth it.
As a native of Detroit, the winter seasons from my youth were the epitome of harsh, brutal subzero temperatures of epic proportions. Frigid wind cascaded to and fro, numbing any exposed skin unfortunate enough to be left naked. Seemingly endless mountains of snow, slush, and ice lined the streets, thus making routine travel an unwanted adventure. Now, perhaps, this was a result of a distorted perception due to my repeated tours at Detroit bus stops in the dead of winter – Cass Technical High School was the destination of choice. Middle school was much more forgiving, as travel to the designated school bus pick-up location wasn’t as treacherous. Grades 9-12, well, not so much.
And so, among the arctic elements outside, daily expeditions were undertaken with the hopes of attaining a proper education. It was around this time (early 1990s) that a cold weather coat, the Triple F.A.T. Goose, was surging in popularity and adorning the backs of some of the coolest students at school. Filled with down feathers – the layer of fine feathers underneath a bird’s exterior feathers – these jackets offered supreme protection from the dastardly Old Man Winter. The insanely popular down coat inspired many competitors and became the trendiest piece of outerwear you could rock from December until March. However, after surging in popularity, the brand quietly disappeared.
During its extended hiatus from the marketplace, there was an ascension of many other brands that capitalized and enjoyed much success in the void that was left by Triple F.A.T. Goose. Yes, a gentleman still needed to protect himself from the cold, so other options became viable. Nevertheless, many people yearned for the return of their beloved “Goose”. Now the company is back and ready the reclaim the top spot for affordable down coats. With so many years out of the public eye, what will today’s rendition of Triple F.A.T. Goose resemble? And, will this updated version sufficiently compete with other brands that readily occupied the vacuum left by Triple F.A.T. Goose’s absence.
Well, the brand is reinventing itself and reintroducing the Triple F.A.T. Goose coat with a contemporary reinterpretation to the public. “We brought the brand back as a result of numerous consumer requests to revive Triple F.A.T. Goose. When relaunching the brand, we really wanted to create products that our consumers would love and to wow them with new features. This was really the motivations for the For Arctic Temperatures collection. This capsule consists of jackets that have premium details such as water-repellent fabrics, real coyote fur ruffs, a soft interior lining, and storm cuffs”, says chief executive officer of Turbo Holdings Inc., James Chung.
True, this new renovated and retooled Triple F.A.T. (For Arctic Temperatures) Goose is all about premium details and quality. First, let’s address the coat’s body. As a point of reference, the Hesselberg (pictured) will be examined for this article. Gone is the bulk and puffiness that were signatures of the original Triple F.A.T. Goose design. That being said, the new design still is robust and heavy in nature, but the silhouette is streamlined with a moderately close fit without being too restrictive. However, depending on personal preference, you may want to size up to allow more room. Also, driving could be cumbersome if you decided to wear your coat behind the wheel. While the extra cushion could be tempting, maintaining a proper fit beneath your seatbelt could be challenging. My suggestion: keep it in the backseat until ready for use.
Now, it has not been particularly cold here in Michigan, which is odd this late in the year. No complaints, but I have not been able to thoroughly vet the warmth of the Hesselberg. Nevertheless, I did take it out for a test run one night. I waited for a really chilly evening, and wearing only pajamas and a tee-shirt, I donned the Hesselberg and ventured off into the brisk night. And I must admit, I was completely – aside from mid-thigh and down – protected from the chill outside. The coyote fur-trimmed hood is HUGE – and I have a moderately large head. Your face will be more than protected from the blustery elements outside. The hood is constructed in a fashion where the rim can be softly bent and shaped to fit the contours of your head and retain adequate visibility. Because, as I previously mentioned, the hood is HUGE.
Another added benefit from the new collection is the storm cuff insert on each arm. Sewn into the inside cuff and extending outward like a fingerless glove when worn, it serves to block out any cold drafts that might find its way up inside your sleeves. And when combined with your standard pair of winter gloves, a gentleman will benefit greatly from the extra layer of warmth underneath – don’t worry, the material is thin enough to allow easy sliding under your regular glove. The zippered side vents underneath the sleeves allow you to moderately control the temperature of your body. Suffice it to say: I kept mine zipped!
- 80/20 goose down filling – meaning 80% goose down and 20% goose feathers. Goose down is one of the best and lightest insulators on the market. The air pockets between the down protects against loss of heat.
- 10,000 mm performance fabric, Teflon coated for water resistance.
- Fill power of 600. Fill power is the measurement of loft for down feathers. The higher the lofting power, the better a coat will be insulated due to the amount of air that can be trapped by the down. A fill power of 550-750 is considered very good.
- Coyote fur-trimmed hood that helps shield your face from skin-numbing wind. Coyote fur also doesn’t freeze or absorb, you know, in case your area gets hit with freezing rain or the like.
- Neck and pockets lined with soft fleece for more added warmth.
- Storm cuffs to block out sneaky cold air that likes to travel up coat sleeves.
With so many luxurious details, one would expect to pay a considerable amount of money for such an offering. In the case of the new collection from Triple F.A.T. Goose, look to pay half of what you may spend on a comparable coat. Quality down outerwear will fetch nearly $1000.00 and more. Here, the models offered range from $400.00 to $500.00. Relatively inexpensive when you consider that proper maintenance will extend its wintry service for countless years. Now, I would be remiss in my writing duties if I do not offer the following disclaimer. Because of the quality and performance of Triple F.A.T. Goose, there were troubling cases of theft during its height of popularity. Therefore, I would display an observant amount of caution when wearing one.
However, you need not worry about this contemporary version of being too flashy or garish. The reserved design and discreet appearance should ensure it retains all its classic appeal without becoming dated. Only the updated, signature Triple F.A.T. Goose logo on the sleeve reveals its identity. So, what does the future hold going forward. “Probably the most noteworthy and anticipated project is our expansion into the women’s and girl’s outerwear. We’ve already started the design process for these categories and the products are looking great so far. We’re excited for the launch of these new collection”, says Chung. If the men’s launch is any indication, the ladies will not be disappointed. Stay tuned.
For more ordering information, please visit Triple F.A.T. Goose for details.
Just in time for the holiday season, Viktor&Rolf pixelizes camouflage to embellish the bottle of its iconic men’s cologne Spicebomb. Serious and masculine in tone, this warm and spicy fragrance is suitable for the sophisticated gentleman at the office or off the clock. This digital art limited edition of Spicebomb offers not only a fantastic fragrance, but it also presents to the wearer a uniquely designed bottle in the form of a contemporary pixelated design. This is a fragrance that wins our endorsement.
Top Notes: Bergamot, Grapefruit, Elemi, Pink Pepper
Middle Notes: Cinnamon, Saffron, Chili
Base Notes: Leather, Tobacco, Vetiver
- The introduction of the top notes is resoundingly deep and spicy. The warm scent can definitely be characterized as a heavier fragrance, but it is not too heavy to be deemed as overwhelming.
- Slowly transitioning into the middle notes, the distinct presence of cinnamon, accompanied with faint hints of vanilla, can be appreciated for an extended period of time.
- The scent settles nicely with sweet tones of tobacco and leather. However, the fragrance begins to slowly disappear after a few hours. Honestly, I wish the cologne’s finale lasted a bit longer.
- Given that fact, a gentleman will be tempted to administer a few extra applications in the beginning. I would strongly dissuade a gentleman from taking such extreme measures. Given the relative strength of the top notes, applying too much in the beginning with aspirations of attaining a long-lasting ending will only result in a headache inducing nausea.
- Therefore, I recommend dispensing 4-5 sprays from your glass replica hand grenade, and reserving its utilization for moments that don’t require an extended performance – a late evening engagement would suffice. Trust, it is a seductive scent, but don’t expect it to last from the early morning to late evening.
- Spicebomb 3.4 oz $115.00 retail – Available at Nordstrom, Macy’s, Sephora, Von Maur or any fine men’s department store.
Gentlemen’s Standard Approved
Disclosure: TGS was not financially compensated for this post. Item was purchased for personal use. The opinions expressed are completely my own based on my experience.
Query any gentleman practicing the intimate art of shaving; you will soon discover that the fear of unsightly, unwanted razor bumps is a concern that weighs heavily on his mind. The act of wielding a small piece of sharpened steel against ones face deserves undivided attention. Any gentleman is susceptible to razor bumps or skin irritation, but African-America males tend suffer more than others. Given that fact, some men seek refuge in the form of an electric razor.
Perhaps gentler on skin and definitely more cost-effective, an electric razor is certainly a viable option for men with the desire to reduce or eliminate razor bumps, and do so in a manner that doesn’t drain the wallet on a monthly basis. Today, we have the Wahl Bump-Free Rechargeable Shaver up for review. Touted as being designed specifically for the unique needs of African-American men, the shaver is built with hypoallergenic titanium foils, it is designed to reduce irritation and prevent razor bumps. It also features a built-in pop-up trimmer for edging, detailing and neckline touch-ups. Let’s examine how it performs.
- Unassuming and modest in appearance, the Wahl Bump-Free Rechargeable Shaver is equipped with some serious shaving power. I have utilized other electric shavers, and some become very warm to the skin while operating. Some have been slightly unforgiving to my skin with some moderate skin irritation present after shaving. However, the Wahl offering was noticeably smoother and effortless with its shaving capabilities.
- Now, a gentleman will benefit from a close shave without the annoying skin irritation. However, it should be noted that your shave probably won’t be as close as one would receive using a straight or safety razor. That being said, Wahl does indicate that the longer a gentleman continues to use the Bump-Free Shave, the closer the shave will become.
- A gentleman will not have to dedicate any extra time to his shaving routine, as the shaver plows through growth quickly and efficiently. No need to apply unnecessary pressure, as the shaver does the job fine by itself.
- If your beard is relatively thick, I suggest employing a standard pair of clippers to reduce it down before hitting it with the shaver. If you have a little stubble, it would be wise to take advantage of the pop-up trimmer to eliminate some of your growth (recommended for 2-3 days worth) before using the shaver to complete the job.
- The pop-up trimmer is serviceable, but you might find yourself reaching for a separate pair of trimmers to address detailing.
- Combined with a lightweight and compact body, the rubber grip assists by providing easy handling and maneuvering. Due to its design, the Bump-Free shaver would make for a great travel companion.
- The noise level (due to the 10,000 cycles per minute) is what you would expect from an electric razor. The noise may be too much for some men, so ensure you close that bathroom door when mowing through your stubble.
- Manufacturer’s suggested retail price: $59.99
- Available at Wahl Online Store, Target, CVS Pharmacy, Rite Aid, Amazon, Bed Bath & Beyond
- Pop-up trimmer, wide precision blades for quick and easy detailing
- Hypoallergenic titanium foils
- Ergonomic, rubber grip
- Kit includes: Shaver with pop-up trimmer. Beard brush, charger, cleaning brush, foil guard, storage pouch
- Up to 60 minutes of run time
Gentlemen’s Standard Approved
Disclosure: TGS was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample for review purposes only. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.
Parenthood is tough – no doubt about it. Well, someone once asked me why I don’t write about the not-so-cute reality of parenting. It’s that alternate reality that strains patience and tests sanity. It’s a reality that invokes frustration and sometimes tears. So, at your request, I present to you the less glamorous side of parenting. If you’re not a parent already, this article may be the best birth control next to contraceptives and abstinence. Enjoy.
- Given the young age, children are not quite aware of all the dangers that the world presents. Stairwells, electrical outlets, the terrifying drop-off that is the edge of the bed – to an infant that is a long way down. Therefore as a dutiful parent, it is your assignment to protect your little one from varying dangers as best you can. It’s like parental secret service. And besides rogue infant explorations, a parent also has to deal with natural health related issues that may arise too. Now, I readily submit, I can be overly protective on occasion. However, when you have visited the emergency room with your little one as much as I have within the first two years, one tends to develop a slight parental paranoia. Having your helpless little one poked and prodded by strangers is never easy, even if you present a strong front for the public.
- I have visited this subject before in previous articles, but I truly realize why sleep deprivation is utilized as a form of torture. One never realizes how important sleep is until one is deprived of the luxury. Trust me. And when you still have the duty to properly function as a spouse, employee, employer, parent, or combination of any of those; the struggle becomes real. This is how psychologically damning it can be; when your child finally starts sleeping for longer stretches, you’ll still discover yourself waking up in anticipation of them waking up.
- Speaking of sleep deprivation, you’ll find yourself falling asleep anywhere and in the most awkward positions. I’ve blacked-out on the couch more times than I can count. The floor becomes a viable option when worst comes to worst. Even my car became a welcome sleeping area during my lunch break – even in the winter!
- So, with time and sleep a treasured commodity, a gentleman will be confronted with some difficult situations. Standard tasks become critical decisions. One has to begin to prioritize the business of relieving oneself of bodily waste, washing away funk and dirt in the shower, replenishing one’s stomach with sustenance, or performing any other rudimentary chore one has taken for granted. There will be days when you barely eat and definitely days you won’t shower – depending on levels of funk of course.
- Children are a germ factory. Seriously, children are a Petri dish of all sorts of nastiness that will navigate its way to your person. They will sneeze and cough in your face. They will hand you poop when you think it’s granola. They will rub snot in your hand when you think it’s lint. They will expel the digested contents of their stomach all over you. And you can’t disown the little germ magnet. Daycare? Yes, be prepared to become an expert on illnesses such as hand-foot-mouth disease, pink eye, croup, whooping-cough, and a whole host of other bad stuff that I can’t spell. By the time you’ve run through all sorts of nasty bugs, you might as well apply for a position at the CDC as an infectious disease specialist. Oh, and we live in an age where more and more parents often shun vaccines. So, get ready. I’ve NEVER been so sick in my adult life.
- I abhor being the bad guy. Nevertheless, it is a necessary evil. Children must learn discipline. And trust, your little one may be small, but the intelligence level is greater than you might assume. And best believe, your little one will test you. The moment of truth will arrive when you will have to put your foot down. Through the cries and tears, you must remain resolute. Sure, you feel crummy afterwards, and you might even wonder if their little mind will formulate a lasting disdain for you. No worries, they’ll still love you
- Lastly, as a parent, you can bid farewell to your privacy. That translates to your little one pulling back the shower curtain like a reenactment of Psycho, brazenly interrupting your intimate time with the porcelain throne, and if you have lofty aspirations of adding an additional germ-spreading, sleep depriving – I mean – bundle of joy to your family, you better lock that bedroom door cowboy!
Unabashedly loyal to its moniker, Chrome Intense by Azzaro exhibits a strength and energy unlike any other fragrance that I have tested during previous reviews. Actually, the assigned name “intense” is most likely an understatement when discussing Azzaro’s latest offering for the year 2015. Chrome Intense is strong at the start, strong in the middle, and strong in the end. Full disclosure: Chrome Intense was a bit strong for me, but I allowed another gentleman to sample the fragrance and he offered nothing but praise. Therefore, it will most likely hinge on a gentleman’s personal preferences that will determine whether or not Chrome Intense deserves a slot in his rotation. Well, I’ve already stated my conclusion, but let’s explore the details a little deeper.
Top Notes: Ginger, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Hedione
Middle Notes: Ozone, Jazmine Water, Lichen
Base Notes: Precious Woods, Mate, Amber, Musk
- Chrome Intense starts with a defined explosion of ginger and bergamot. The resulting scent is deep and heavy. This a far departure from signature characteristics of top notes which are light and quick to move into the middle state of a cologne. While fresh in nature, the top notes enjoy an extended life long after the first application.
- Now, the transition through the middle and base notes has an uncanny consistency. Usually, a fragrance will consist of varying levels that portray a unique personality. Chrome Intense, however, never strays from far its roots. It is aggressive and only lowers, albeit moderately, in intensity over an extended period of time.
- Chrome Intense ends with a strong woodsy and spicy appeal that is long-wearing. Masculine and robust, Chrome Intense is best utilized in environments that may be laden with competing scents and you need to stand out. Chrome Intense is probably best worn on the weekend and during the evening.
- Yes – Chrome Intense will exert its presence throughout the day so the need for reapplication is totally unnecessary.
- I recommend dispensing 1-2 sprays on your person. If a gentleman so chooses to apply more, I would humbly suggest that you spray in singular increments. The fragrance can be overwhelming is too much is administered.
- Chrome Intense 3.4 oz $85.00 – Available at Macy’s and other fine department stores nationwide
Gentlemen’s Standard Approved
Disclosure: TGS was not financially compensated for this post. Item was purchased for personal use. The opinions expressed are completely my own based on my experience.
After a few sporadic days of exclusive previews, a gentleman can rest assured that winter is indeed coming. If last year was any indication, one can expect generous amounts of snow and bone-chilling temperatures once again, and dress preparations must be undertaken accordingly. Of course, particular attention will be afforded to a gentleman’s selection of outerwear and accessories. Coats, gloves, and scarves will be deployed to combat what awaits outside. However, today, we’re focusing on an essential sartorial element that is often taken for granted…footwear – namely boots.
Now, with formal or casual options being pretty much straightforward choices; it is the in-between game, the business-casual game, that trips many gentlemen up. Yes, it is not as easy as it may appear. To perfectly execute the styling of a business-casual presentation for boots, a certain balance of refinement and ruggedness must be achieved. To illustrate this point, today we are lucky to have the Timberland West Haven on deck to serve as an example. So, let’s vault into the details before the next snowfall buries us all.
Now, if you are familiar with Timberland, you will already understand that the rugged element is a quintessential staple that pervades many of their models of footwear. However, how is refinement and sophistication addressed when discussing the aesthetic of a business-casual boot? Well, the dynamic amalgam of business and casual succeeds with the commencement of a casual, roughened baseline and then deftly infusing formal elements to soften the tough exterior.
With the West Haven, all the signature rugged components that make Timberland, well – Timberland, are accounted for. The durable cotton laces. The robust, sturdy soles – made with 34% recycled rubber by the way. The supple, pliable full-grain leather. Lastly, the West Haven boasts a zipper that lends a sly hint of attitude as you head into the office. And now, let’s focus on the dressier elements that raises the West Haven’s status from your standard boot to a higher, more dignified pedigree.
Fully present, we have a cap-toe with an adjacent perforated cap design just before the vamp. There are also decorative perforations along the quarters. One can observe beautiful stitching that encircles the entire sole. As previously mentioned above, full-grain premium leather is employed for hard-wearing usage and sophistication.
The boot’s silhouette is streamlined enough to separate itself from the regular chunky boot category, which definitely designates it as office ready. And on your way to the office, a gentleman can be comforted that the West Haven sole provides traction with its exclusive Gripstick™ technology. Oh – the West Haven is supremely comfortable and very forgiving on a gentleman’s heel and sole.
Gent Hints – How To Wear the West Haven
- The business casual boot is best utilized when worn with trousers boasting tweed, heavier khaki, corduroy, or denim material. The beautiful marriage of refinement and ruggedness best suits a gentleman when the landscape is replete with snow and slush.
- The strip of leather that forms a small loop on the back of the boot, it’s called a bootstrap, and it affords leverage when a gentleman is putting on his boots – use it.
- The standard boot tends to grant additional space for a gentleman’s foot. Therefore, to accommodate the extra room, moderately thick cotton or woolen blend hosiery is recommended.
- The roominess will probably lead to moderate creasing along flex points, but that should not pose an issue if you regularly polish your footwear.
- Perhaps a little too rugged for board meetings (unless you are a total rakish rebel), the West Haven is however perfectly suited for your standard office space.
- Anti-Fatigue Technology: Made specifically for people who spend long days on their feet, our exclusive anti-fatigue technology is built into the midsole, and uses geometric cone support to provide exceptional standing comfort, shock absorption and energy return all day.
- Anti-fatigue removable foot-beds with soft synthetic leather covers
- 100% Organic Cotton Laces: The fabric is made of 100% certified organic cotton (USDA National Organic Program, or equivalent, certified).
- Premium full-grain leather uppers
- Silver Rated Tannery: One or more major components use at least 50% leather tanned in a facility rated Silver or higher by a third-party environmental audit. The Leather Working Group judges and classifies tanneries based on energy use, waste production and water treatment.
- Convenient side zip for easy entry
- Timberland® exclusive Gripstick™ outsole is made with super-sticky 34% recycled rubber
- Retails at $180.00